For many Pennsylvania drivers, the freedom of being able to get in their car and travel from one destination to another provides an unlimited degree of flexibility, convenience and enjoyment. However, because there are distracted motorists, bad weather conditions and even poorly designed vehicles, every driver is at risk of danger no matter how careful he or she may be.
According to the Huffington Post, there are several reigning causes of car accidents. Peoples efforts to recognize these dangers and understand how to properly address each one can aid in preventing unnecessary crashes from occurring. Some of these causes include the following:
- Driving during the nighttime when reduced visibility is prevalent.
- Failing to recognize changes in traffic patterns in busy construction zones.
- Inexperienced teenage drivers who are still learning the rules of the road.
- Rain, snow and other inclement weather.
- Distraction as the result of eating, manipulating electronics, talking to passengers and personal grooming among other things.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Information released by Fox News reports that over 40,000 people are fatal victims of car accidents each year in the United States. Statistics show that a majority of all car accidents occur during the following times:
- Summer and Fall
Many people falsely believe their knowledge, skills and abilities exceed the norm and will keep them safe while they drive. However, no matter how superior a person may believe his or her driving is, it is imperative to remain alert to other dangers on the road.